Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School!!

Well today was THE  day.  It was our first day back at school! The first day is so exciting for them and for me. Besides Brandt starting first grade, Breann has her own Preschool work to complete this year.  Of course I also had Bryce a book to make sure that he felt included and that hopefully helps keep him busy while the others are completing their work. Below are a few pictures of our day that also offers an example of what a typical school morning is like in the Archer home.

Learning to pray before the start of their day


The Pledge of Allegiance

The kids with their new school books



Digging into their work







IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

Glad you all had a great start to your new school year! I pray it goes smoothly!

We start up on Labor Day (HA). Not too much longer to prepare. I am ready and the kids seem to be too.

(:
Shelby

Granna said...

These pictures bring back so many wonderful memories of our homeschool years. I am so excited to see our grandchildren experience this beautiful time in their lives. YOU are making memories! Thank you both for giving them this very special gift.
Love ya bunches!

Linda Garrison said...

The pictures are adorable ! I love the one with the pacifier! I'm sure it helps with his concentration! Lol. I love it that you are starting your school days with prayer and the pledge! You are a great mama!!!!

Jade Clark said...

Yay, so glad to hear it went well! They all looks so hard at work!

Kattie said...

Hi! I am stopping by from the MFW Blogroll and co-hosting the My Father's World Homeschool Highlights this school year with Kathi @ A Heart Like Water. This is where MFW families connect weekly, or as often as you like, to share what we are doing in our schools. The first one is Aug 25, the info is on my blog. I hope you join us!

Kattie
http://2ladybugsandalizard.blogspot.com/

ps: We did MFW First last year and really enjoyed it. I hope you have a great year!